How can we do chemical fertilizer and pesticide free farming?
Asked by abinash.gupta003 | 1st Nov, 2017, 05:10: PM
Some of the methods which do not make use of chemical fertilisers and pesticides include intensive farming, organic farming and sustainable agriculture.
- Intensive farming or intensive agriculture involves high use of inputs such as capital, labour or heavy use of pesticides and chemical fertilisers relative to the land area.
- Sustainable agriculture is an integrated system of plant and animal production practices having a site-specific application that will last over the long term.
- Organic farming relies on techniques such as crop rotation, green manure, composting and biological pest control.
Advantages of organic farming:
1. It utilises farm wastes such as excreta in place of chemical fertilisers. This reduces the risk of pollution of water bodies.
2. It involves healthy cropping practices such as mixed cropping, intercropping and crop rotation, which do make the soil deficient of nutrients. It even helps in replenishing the lost nutrients of soil.
3. It involves the use of biopesticides.
4. It is an effective method of providing nutrition to plants, managing pests and producing a good yield.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 13th Dec, 2017, 07:28: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number