How are fruits formed?
Asked by Abhinav | 9th Nov, 2016, 08:17: PM
A fruit is a ripened ovary.
1. After the ovule in an ovary is fertilized in pollination, the ovary begins to ripen.
2. The ovule develops into a seed and the ovary wall become fleshy or form a hard outer covering (as in nuts) which is the fruit.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 10th Nov, 2016, 07:49: AM
- what si fertilisation
- name the female and male reproductive parts of a flower
- How Sexual reproduction
- If we remove the stamens of all the pea flowers in a garden , which phenomenon will be affected - fruit fromation, pollination or fertlisation?
- Animals grow only till a particular age where as plants grow throughout their life. Justify it & why?
- Differentiate between self pollination and cross pollination.
- I what is zycote
- What is pollination
- Give reasons for the following statements: a. Nature favours cross pollination. b. Vegetative propagation is quicker than sexual reproduction. c. Some plants produce large flowers with sweet smell.
- it is obtained from nector
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number