How are cultivation practices and crop yield related to weather? Describe any three factors for which variety improvement is done.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 27th Apr, 2016, 06:57: AM
Cultivation practices and crop yield are related to weather conditions. Because weather conditions such as drought and food situations are unpredictable, varieties that can be grown in diverse climatic conditions are useful.
Some of the factors for which variety improvement is done are:
(i)Higher yield: To increase the productivity of the crop per acre.
(ii)Improved Quality: Quality of crop products varies from crop to crop like baking quality is important for crops such as wheat.
(iii)Biotic and abiotic resistance: Crop production can decrease due to biotic and abiotic stresses under different conditions. Varieties resistant to these stresses can improve crop production.
Answered by | 27th Apr, 2016, 08:57: AM
- mention the preventive and control measure used before grain are stored?
- "Ration of crop also help in pest control." What is meant by ration of crop?
- What are the objectives of crop variety improvement
- raw mango pieces are sprinkled with salt before pickling
- Enlist some factors for which variety improvement is done in plants.
- Compare fertilizers and manures.
- What is 'green manuring'? List any two commonly used green manure crops and name two macronutrients provided by green manure.
- What is meant by the term 'green manure'? State its role in agriculture.
- What is manure? How is it prepared? State its role in changing the quality of soil of a field having excess of: (i) Sand (ii) Clay
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number