Home electricity bills come in units called Kilowatt-hour. How many joules is equal to 1 kilowatt hour. Why kilowatt hours are used instead of joules in the bill?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
1 Kilowatt hour = 36, 00,000 joules = 3.6 x 106 J
One kilowatt hour is the amount of electrical energy consumed when an electrical appliance having a power rating of 1 kilowatt is used for 1 hour. Kilowatt hour is used for measuring electricity consumed, as joule represents a very small quantity of energy and therefore it is inconvenient to use joules where large quantities of energy is involved.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- When do we say that work is done ?
- What is potential energy,kinetical energy,power?
- what is conservation of energy? Explain with an example example.
- explain how energy is conserved in a simple pendulum
- a body of mass 5 kg is thrown vertically upward with a velocity of 20 metre per second find 1- initial kinetic energy 2-kinetic energy and potential energy after 1 second( given g =10 /s^2)
- ANOBJECT OF MASS 40KG IS RAISED AT A HEIGHT OF 5M ABOVE THE GROUND . WHATIS ITS POTENTIAL ENERGY ? IF THE OBJECT IS ALLOWED TO FALL FIND ITS KINETIC ENERGY WHEN IT IS HALF WAY DOWN?
- According to the law of conservation of energy, energy can neither be created not be destroyed but it can transfer from one person to other! But when a labour is working he uses his all energy in work but when he ate food he again gets energy ! This means energy can be created and can be destroyed
- State law of conservation of energy ? Show that the energy of a free falling object is conserved
- When we burst a cracker, is it correct to say that the chemical energy of crackers get used up or are destroyed as we are left with just ashes after bursting cracker?
- Which appliance consumes more energy: a 100 watt electric bulb or a 150 watt electric iron in a minute?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number