hello sir im hazeera
i want to know about kinetic energy with examples?
Asked by hajuma27 | 7th Mar, 2015, 01:49: PM
All moving things have kinetic energy.
The energy possessed by an object on account of its motion is known as kinetic energy.
The kinetic energy for a body of mass 'm' moving with a velocity 'v' is given as,
From the above equation, we know that, kinetic energy is directly proportional to the mass of the body and the square of the velocity with which it moves.
Kinetic energy is also defined as the work needed to accelerate a body of a given mass from rest to its stated velocity.
Examples: A car in motion, moving hands of a clock, the bullet fired from a gun, strong blowing of winds, flowing of water, etc.
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 7th Mar, 2015, 04:34: PM
- what is energy
- A ball of mass 0.25kg is thrown upwards with a velocity of 10m/s at what height it's kinetic energy become 10J
- The water stored in dam can be used to generate electricity.give reason
- What is work ?
- A truck of mass 5000kg travelling at 40m/s is brought to rest by applying breaks the truck comes to rest after travelling 20m after the application of break what is the kinetic energy of truck
- Give one example of a body that has potential energy, in each of the following :- i) due to its position ii) due to its state
- If the kinetic energy of a body is increased by 4% the momentum: (1)increases by 2% (2)increases by 4% (3)increases by 8% (4)increases by 16%
- what is kinetic energy
- what is potential energy
- Heat=total kinetic energy of its molecules . Temperature= average kinetic energy of its molecules.why detail solutions
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number