hello sir im hazeera
i want to know about kinetic energy with examples?
Asked by hajuma27 | 7th Mar, 2015, 01:49: PM
All moving things have kinetic energy.
The energy possessed by an object on account of its motion is known as kinetic energy.
The kinetic energy for a body of mass 'm' moving with a velocity 'v' is given as,
From the above equation, we know that, kinetic energy is directly proportional to the mass of the body and the square of the velocity with which it moves.
Kinetic energy is also defined as the work needed to accelerate a body of a given mass from rest to its stated velocity.
Examples: A car in motion, moving hands of a clock, the bullet fired from a gun, strong blowing of winds, flowing of water, etc.
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 7th Mar, 2015, 04:34: PM
- if we increase kinetic energy by 20%, then find percentage increase in linear momentum
- a bus of mass 10000kg with a velocity of 90 km/h. calculate work done to stop the bus
- define kinetic energy
- what is kinetic energy
- Hi, my name is Aprameya i had a doubt we know K.E.(Kinetic Energy) = (1/2)mv^2 the v over here is velocity but at what time. Velocity will be different at differnt points of time i mean at 1second it might be something and and at another second it might be something else. so while calculating which velocity do we use
- what is energy
- A ball of mass 0.25kg is thrown upwards with a velocity of 10m/s at what height it's kinetic energy become 10J
- The water stored in dam can be used to generate electricity.give reason
- What is work ?
- A truck of mass 5000kg travelling at 40m/s is brought to rest by applying breaks the truck comes to rest after travelling 20m after the application of break what is the kinetic energy of truck
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number