Asked by priyanka1995 | 31st Jan, 2011, 09:56: PM
Advantages of seed formation:
- The seed contains the future plant or embryo which develops into a seedling under appropriate conditions.
- Seeds protect and nourish the embryo or young plant
- Seeds help in dispersal to a new location,
- During unfavourable conditions, seeds undergo dormancy thus protecting the embryo, till suitable growth conditions are obtained.
- Most seeds are the product of sexual reproduction which produces a remixing of genetic material and phenotype variability that natural selection acts on.
Answered by | 3rd Feb, 2011, 09:08: AM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number