Give two advantages of electromagnets over permanent magnets.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 29th Apr, 2014, 03:17: PM
1. The magnetism of an electromagnet can be switched on or switched off as desired. This is not possible with a permanent magnet.
2. An electromagnet can be made very strong by increasing the number of turns in the coil, and by increasing the current passing through the coil. On the other hand, a permanent magnet cannot be made so strong.
Answered by | 29th Apr, 2014, 05:17: PM
- why is a battery called battery
- What happens when we increase the number of turns in a solenoid?
- What is electromagnets
- which procedure will you follow to study magnetic field , if you are provided with paraffin oil, iron nail, bar magnet, battery, coil, conductor wire???
- When current is switched on an electric fan converts which energy (mainly) into which energy
- Manav made an electric circuit and placed a magnetic compass near it. What will happen to the magnetic needle when he switches the circuit ' ON '? Justify your answer.
- What do you mean by an electromagnet?
- What is the function of needle in a magnetic compass?
- What is the usual name of magnets whose magnetism can be turned on or off as desired?
- What is the magnetic effect of electric current?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number