Give the characteristics of image formed by a plane mirror.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 15th May, 2015, 08:26: AM
Characteristics of image formed by a plane mirror are:
- The image formed in a plane mirror is virtual (or unreal). It cannot be obtained on a screen.
- The image formed in a plane mirror is at the same distance behind the mirror as the object is in front of it.
- The image in a plane mirror is of the same size as the object. It is neither enlarged nor diminished.
- The image in a plane mirror is erect. It is the same side up as the object.
- The image in a plane mirror is laterally inverted (sideways reversed) with respect to the object.
Answered by | 15th May, 2015, 10:26: AM
- why do we call sun ray
- what is a reflection
- what is the role of reflector in torch?
- Light can't _ around object
- Define reflection.
- Why are plane mirrors used for self grooming?
- Why we cannot see our image in a white paper?
- On the road, you regularly see mirrors being used. Can you give any one such example?
- Can you give an example of light reflected from a transparent media?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number