Give some examples from daily life to illustrate the first law motion and the law of inertia.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 2nd Jun, 2014, 11:08: AM
(1) When we shake the branch of a tree, its fruits and dry leaves fall down. This is because, on shaking, the branch comes into motion while the fruits and leaves tend to remain at rest and so they get detached from the branch.
Answered by | 2nd Jun, 2014, 01:08: PM
- Give two examples in which force can be exerted on the body without making any contact with them.
- What were the views of Greek philosopher Aristotle about the state of motion?
- Explain the term inertia. What are different types of inertia? Give one example of each type?
- What does Galileo conclude about the motion of an object on a frictionless horizontal plane?
- Why do we beat a blanket with a stick to remove dust particles?
- Why are the passengers thrown forward when a speeding bus stops suddenly?
- Which has more inertia, a car or a bus? Explain.
- When a ball is thrown up in a moving train, it comes back to the person's hands instead of falling backwards. Why?
- Why is the Newton's first law of motion also called the law of inertia?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number