- Fungi are saprophytes.
- Bryophytes are called amphibians of plant kingdom
Asked by ABHILASHA | 10th Jan, 2018, 08:40: PM
1. Fungi cause decay by releasing enzymes onto the dead animal or plant. These break down complex compounds into simple soluble ones that can be absorbed by decomposers. Organisms that feed on dead material in this way are called saprophytes.
2. Bryophytes are the terrestrial land plant with marshy habitat and they need water during sexual reproduction.So, bryophytes are called amphibians of plant kingdom.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 11th Jan, 2018, 11:53: AM
- Tell me more about thallophyta
- what are cryptogams ? what are the divisions of cryptogams?
- On what basis algae are further classified?
- Which plants are considered Thallophytes?
- Give one word for the following: i. Plants with hidden reproductive organs. ii. Hair-like outgrowth of Bryophytes. iii. Plants with true roots, stems, leaves and a well-developed vascular system. iv. Plant body of Thallophyta.
- What do you understand by gametophytic phase and sporophytic phase in Thallophyta?
- Give at least two examples of each: i. Red algae ii. Brown algae iii. Green algae
- Differentiate between Thallophyta, Bryophyta and Pteridophyta.
- Differentiate between Bryophyta and Pteridophyta.Give one example of each.
- To which division of kingdom Plantae do algae belong? Write one characteristic of this division. Give two examples.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number