A machine cannot be 100 percent efficient.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
A machine cannot be 100 percent efficient because output of a machine is always less than input. A certain amount of work done on a machine is lost to overcome friction and to lift some moving parts of the machine.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- The load arm of a lever is 2 m long and and it's effort arm is 3 m long .what is the effort required to lift a load of 21N
- The load arm of a lever is 5m long and its effort arm is 4m.What is the effort needed to lift a load of 40N ?
- The length of a lever of class I is 400 cm. Calculate the mechanical advantage of the lever if it's fulcrum is located at a distance of 200cm from the effort. *
- what is simple machines
- What is the meaning of V.R.
- the length of the load arm of a lever is 6 m long and effort arm is 3 m long .what is the effort required to lift the load of 40 N ?
- The handle of a water pump is 90 cm long from its piston rod. If the pivot handle is at a distance of 15 cm from the piston rod, calculate (a) least effort required at its other end to overcome a resistance of 60 kgf and (b) mechanical advantage of handle.
- Wheelbarrow which class lever
- How is a wheel a simple machine?
- If total length of a liver is 4 m metre and MA is 4000 than what is the effort required to lift the load
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number