Give reason: Injury to the spinal cord causes paralysis in human being
Asked by janish75 | 24th Jul, 2018, 08:05: PM
The spinal cord with the brain communicates with the rest of the body. A signal travels from the brain to the body part concerned and the result is movement. If the spinal cord is damaged, as a result of an injury, the nerve signal is disrupted. The damage may result from damage to the bones or the discs. If the cord damage is complete, there is a total loss of function and paralysis results but when incomplete may lead to partial paralysis.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 25th Jul, 2018, 09:18: AM
- Example of reflex action
- state the function of Nerve Cells?,Draw a neat diagram of a Nerve Cell.
- Which Cell is most important in our human body .
- Reflex action are under the control of a)Brain b)Spinal cord c)Medulla d)Spinal cord and medulla
- Explain conditioned reflex
- With respect to ma'am / sir , When is a person cosidered dead , when your heart stops beating or when our brain stops functioning . Thanking you ,
- What is mycelin?
- what is purkinje fibres
- 1. Define white and grey matter. 2.Draw a diagram of a reflex
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number