Give reason for the following
(i) souring of milk
(ii) breads and cakes are fluffy
(iii) food poisoning (iv) addition of oil and pickles (v) black and green coating on bread
(vi) drying of food before storage?
Asked by gspublicschool | 26th May, 2019, 06:57: PM
(i) Souring of milk
Due to fermentation process milk become sour if kept for a long time.
(ii) bread and cakes are fluffy
Baking soda is also called sodium carbonate which if added to the cake batter reacts with hydrogen ion from acid and releases CO2 that makes the cake soft and fluffy.
(iii) food poisoning
Food which is spoilt by microorganisms contains toxic substances released by the microbes. The spoilt food is bad in taste and emits a foul odour. If such food is eaten, it will lead to food poisoning. The major symptoms of food poisoning are vomiting, diarrhoea, pain in abdomen, fever and headache. Food poisoning can cause serious illness and even death.
(iv) addition of oil and pickles
The oil is added to the pickle as a preservative. Preservation keeps the food fresh and prevents it from getting spoilt.
(v) black and green coating on bread
The Black and green coating on the bread occurs because of the formation of fungi, this happens when it is exposed to air and water.
(vi) drying of food before storage
Food must be dried thoroughly before storage otherwise there are chances of rotting.
Answered by Ramandeep | 27th May, 2019, 01:14: PM
- CAN VIRUSES SO REPRODUCE ON FUNGI'S CELL ?
- How does an infection by microorganism produce immunity against it?
- which leaves are useful in the treatment of eczema and ringworm
- Its leaves and berries are highly toxic. It is also known as a belladonna or dwale
- (i) Write the symptoms of an animal suffering from disease?(ii) Which is the common factor in the following diseases? Tuberculosis, Measles, Citrus canker
- Who discovered the bacterium causing anthrax disease?
- Identify the plant disease shown below. What is its causative agent?
- What is the causative agent and mode of transmission of the plant disease shown below?
- What impact do plant disease causing microbes have on agriculture? How can such microbes be controlled?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number