1 The most metallic element is found at the bottom of a group.
2 1st element in a group is highly non metallic.
PLEASE ANSWER IT
Asked by nishabr7 | 6th May, 2019, 08:08: PM
Most metallic element is found at bottom of the group because on moving down the group,
tendency to lose electrons increases leading to increase in metallic character.
Down the group the atomic size increases. The valence electrons have less attraction to the nucleus
and elements can lose electrons more readily and hence metallic character increases.
Answered by Varsha | 6th May, 2019, 09:19: PM
- what is the meaning of neutral isolated gaseous atom
- Can hydrogen be a halogen?
- name a non metal with valency 3
- Give reason Alkali metals are good reducing agents
- In period 2 element A is to the right of element B. 1. The element A would probably have a (smaller/larger)atomic size than B.
- Explain why are the following statements not correct : (1)All groups contain metals and non-metals. (2)Atoms of elements in the same group have the same number of electron(s). (3)Non-metallic character decreases across a period with increase in atomic number. (4)Reactivity increases with atomic number in a group as well as in a period.
- Q. 2
- Q. 2
- The energy released when an electron is added to a neutral gaseous isolated atom to form a negatively charged ion is ______________
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number