Give one function of each:
(a) Stratified squamous epithelium
(b) Columnar epithelium
Asked by Topperlearning User | 3rd May, 2016, 08:37: AM
a) Stratified squamous epithelium: Prevents the wear and tear of skin and helps the skin to protect the underlying organs.
b) Columnar epithelium: Helps in absorption and secretion.
Answered by | 3rd May, 2016, 10:37: AM
- what is animal tissues ? What are it's types .
- why do paper cuts hurts so much?
- What is goblet cells ?
- what are differences between cuboidal and culiminal elepthical tissue
- The skin of frog and lizard is made up of same epithelial tissue. What is that tissue?
- does cutting your nails way too deep leave any repercussions?
- What is the difference between columnar ciliated epithelium and ciliated epithelium?
- Give any two locations of each: (a) Columnar epithelium (b) Squamous epithelium (c) Cuboidal epithelium
- What are cilia? How are they useful for the respiratory tract?
- How is a multicellular gland formed?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number