Gallium has higher I.E. than Aluminium. Explain.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 31st May, 2016, 01:26: PM
- In Ga, the 10 electrons present in 3d-subshell do not shield the outer electrons from the nucleus effectively.
- As a result effective nuclear charge in Ga increases.
- So IE of Ga is slightly more than that of Al.
Answered by | 31st May, 2016, 03:26: PM
- oxygen combines with two isotopes of carbon
- if nitrite and magenisium ions are isoelectric species if yes than how
- Difference between carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide ???
- Carbon dioxide is non-polar while water is polar. What conclusion do you draw about their structures from this?
- Give a comparative account of the chemistry of carbon and silicon with regard to their property of catenation.
- PbO2 is stronger oxidizing agent than SnO2.
- Give the differences in structures of the following pair of compounds CO2 and SiO2.
- C and Si are always tetravalent but Ge, Sn, Pb show divalency.
- Why the melting point of diamond is very high?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number