Form a pair of linear equations taking your age and your mother’s age and solve the equations by the method. (make equation little difficult and then solve it).
Asked by ANISH ARORA | 21st Jun, 2014, 01:37: PM
We take a sample age problem to extend your understanding of application of linear equation.
10 years ago, mother`s age was 12 times that of her daughter and 10 years hence, her age would be twice that of her daughter. Find their present ages.
Let the present age mother be x years and daughter's present age be y years.
Answered by Mili Hariyani | 23rd Jun, 2014, 11:16: AM
- 8 men and 12 boys can finish a piece of work in 10 days, while 6 men and 8 boys can finish it in 14 days. Find the time taken by one man alone and that by one boy alone to finish the work.
- the sum of the numerator and denominator of a fraction is 8. if 3 is added to both it's numerator as well the denominator the
- ritu can row downstream 30 km in 3 hours and upstream 5 km in 3 hours. find her speed of rowing in still water and the speed of the current
- Find the sum of all three -digits natural numbers which are divisible by 13.
- Sir lease explain me how to solve the problems of upstream and downstream
- A boat covers 14 kms in upstream and 20 kms downstream in 7 hours. Also it covers 22 kms upstream and 34 kms downstream in 10 hours. Find the speed of the boat in still water and of that the stream.
- A motor boat whose speed is 24 km/hr in still water takes 1 hr more to go 32 km upstream than to return downstream to same spot. Find speed of stream.
- 1/2x+1/3y=2......1 1/3X+1/2Y=13/6 SOLVE THE ABOVE LINEAR EQUATIONS BY REDUCING THEM TO A PAIR OF LINEAR EQUATIONS:
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number