Find three geometric means between the numbers 3 and 48.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 25th Sep, 2017, 03:17: PM
Let G1, G2, G3 be three numbers between 3 and 48.
Answered by | 25th Sep, 2017, 05:17: PM
- G1, G2, …, Gn are n geometric means between a and b. Find common ratio and (r + 1)th term of this GP (r < n).
- Find the numbers whose arithmetic mean is 82 and geometric mean is 18.
- Find the sum of the series 3 + 9 + 27 + ……+ 6561.
- The A. M. between two positive numbers a and b is twice the G. M. between them. Find the ratio of the numbers.
- If a, b, c, d are in G.P., then prove that are in G.P.
- If the first and the nth term of a G.P. are a and b, respectively, and if P is the product of n terms, prove that .
- Find two positive numbers whose difference is 12 and whose AM exceeds GM by 2.
- Let ‘a’ be the AM and b & c be two GM’s between two any positive numbers. Then prove that .
- Find n such that may be the G.M. between positive numbers a and b.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number