Find the value of C in the following fig., if equivalent capacitance between A and B is 30μf.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 22nd Apr, 2015, 11:38: AM
Here capacitors of 20 μf and 20 μf are joined in parallel, combined capacitance is given as,
C’ = 20 + 20 = 40 μF
As C and C’ are in series, their resultant capacitance is 30 μF, we have
Answered by | 22nd Apr, 2015, 01:38: PM
- Sir For how much marks it can be asked
- What is the importance of joining capacitors in series and parallel?
- Write any two characteristics of series combination of capacitors.
- What is the use of Van de Graff generator?
- Why neutrons can not be accelerated using a Van de Graff generator?
- There are two capacitors of capacitance C1 and C2 connected in series. Calculate the equivalent capacitance of the system.
- Find the equivalent capacitance of capacitors C1 and C2 connected in parallel.
- Find the total charge and the charge stored between the plates of each capacitor.
- The spherical metal shell in a Van de Graff type generator is supposed to be a 3 x 107 V electrode. The dielectric strength of the gas surrounding the electrode is 5 x 107 Vm-1. What is the minimum radius of the spherical shell required?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number