Find the truth value of p : "Every real number is either prime or composite."
Asked by Topperlearning User | 12th Aug, 2014, 09:17: AM
Giving one counter example is enough to prove the false hood of a statement. Here counter example is: The real number 1 is neither prime nor composite. So the statement is false.
Answered by | 12th Aug, 2014, 11:17: AM
- write the negation of "Intersection of two disjoint sets is not an empty set"
- Write the component statements of the given statement P: Number 7 is prime or it is odd.
- Write the connective used in the statementP: All whole numbers are either prime or composite.
- Write the negation of the given statement, p: Intersection of two disjoint sets is not an empty set.
- Write the component statements of the following compound statement and check whether the compound statement is true or false.P: 0 is less than every positive integer and every negative integer'.
- Write the negation of the given statementP: Every rectangle is a quadrilateral.
- Find if the following sentences are statements or not(a) Life exists in planets other than the earth.(b) Give me your address
- By giving a counter example, show that the following statement is falseP:If two triangles are equiangular then they are congruent.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number