Find the integral values of two numbers such that their sum is 11 and the product is greater than 28.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 30th Apr, 2014, 11:02: AM
Let the numbers be x & y
4< x < 7
Integral values of x=5,6
Hence corresponding value of y= 6,5
So the solution is x=5, y=6 or x=6, y=5
Answered by | 30th Apr, 2014, 01:02: PM
- Find the solution for the pair of inequalities x >2 and x > - 3.
- Find the solution for the pair of inequalities x >2 and x < -3
- The position of a moving point in a one-dimensional plane is given by x =2t +5,find the range of t (time), if x varies from 9 to 13
- Find the region represented by x < 0 and y < 0?
- Find the solution for the pair of inequalities x +5 >2x-9 and 2x-11>4(x-1).
- A owner of a land has 3000m of fencing with which he wishes to enclose a area of rectangular piece of grazing land along a straight portion of a river. Fencing is not required along the river. What could be the possible values of the breadth of the rectangular piece of grazing land if its length is along the river.
- Solve the inequality and represent the solution graphically on the number line.
- Solve the inequality and represent the solution graphically on number line.
- How many liters of water will have to be added to 1125 liters of the 45% solution of acid so that the resulting mixture will contain more than 25% but less than 30% acid content?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number