Find the angle between the minute hand and the hour hand of a clock when the time is 5:20.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
In 12 hours hour hand moves by 360 degrees
In 1 hr it will move by 30 degrees
So in 1 min it will move ½ degree
So in 5 hr and 20 min it will move 5 x 30 + 20 x ½ = 160 degree
For minute hand
In 60 min it moves 360 degree
So in 1 min it moves 6 degree.
So in 20 min it moves 20x6 =120 degree.
Therefore difference is 160 – 120 = 40 degree
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- The minute hand of a watch is 1.5 cm long far does its tip move in 40 minutes
- Find the radius of the circle in which a central angle of 45o intercepts an arc of length 154 cm.
- Convert into radian measure.
- Convert 22.22c into degree measure.
- Kunal’s heart beats 72 times in one minute. If the length of second hand of watch is 4.5 cm. Find the distance travelled by the tip of second’s hand of watch when Kunal’s heart beats 300 times.
- The speed of sound is nearly 341m/s, if a car of wheel radius 70 cm moves with a speed of sound. Find the number of revolutions it will make in 10 sec.
- If in two circles, arcs of same length, subtend angles 120o and 150o at the centre, find the ratio of their radii.
- Convert 10.67 degree into degree minute and seconds.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number