Explain with the help of chemical reaction that MgO is basic oxide while P4O10 is an acidic oxide
Asked by Topperlearning User | 27th Jun, 2016, 01:02: PM
MgO reacts with aqueous HCl to form salt and water thus exhibiting its basic character
Answered by | 27th Jun, 2016, 03:02: PM
- Define catalyst
- Name the element which shows diagonal relationship with Beryllium (Be).
- Give examples of three amphoteric oxides.
- What is the difference between an amphoteric oxide and a neutral oxide?
- Why do halogens act as good oxidizing agents?
- What is the relationship between diagonal relationship of an element and the polarizing power of an element?
- Predict the formulae of the stable binary compounds that would be formed by the following pairs of elements i) Element 114 and fluorine ii) Element 120 and Oxygen
- Explain briefly the factors responsible for the difference in the behavior of the first member of group in the s and p block as compared to the other members of the same group.
- i) Write the correct order of the chemical reactivity of F, Cl, O and N on the basis of their oxidizing power. ii) Explain the cause of diagonal relationship.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number