Explain why sportsmen use shoes with spikes.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Sportsmen use shoes with spikes so as to have a better grip while running. This is because the force of friction between the shoes and the ground increases with the help of spikes.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- Why does a ball moving on the ground eventually come to rest
- Write up that friction evil or friend for animals
- What are the four factors on which friction depends ?
- Why we fall on a banana peel?
- The force needed to start a cart is (somewhat) greater than the force neede to keep it moving with a uniform speed.
- How does friction helps in writing
- Why do you rub your hands together on chilled mornings?
- Brakes on cars will work best if the friction between the brake shoes and wheels is reduced. True or false
- Explain that friction is a friend or foe with best examples.Please answer this quickly as this is very urgent.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number