- Aqueouss solution of ammonia is used for removing grease stains from woollen clothes
- Aqueous solution of NH3 gives a pungent smell
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 18th Mar, 2018, 06:29: PM
1) Ammonia is used for removing grease and dirt as it emulsifies or dissolves dirt and grease.
2) Ammonia is formed by the bacterial decomposition of urea, therefore ammonia has pungent smell.
Answered by Varsha | 18th Mar, 2018, 09:11: PM
- 1) the process of formation of ions from molecules 2) a solid white precipitate which is formed when two colourless gases react
- a complex salt solution used for testing a basic gas lighter than air
- Ammonia is not a supporter of combustion. Explain
- Why liquid ammonia is used as a refrigerant in ice plants ?
- Why aqueous solution of ammonia gives a pungent smell ?
- What is an orange crystal which gives out red sparks
- What do you observe when aqueous ammonia is added in small amount and then in excess to zinc sulphate solution
- Liquid ammonia used to remove grease stains -reason
- A. Give a balanced chemical equations for 1.Lab.preparation of ammonia using an ammonium salt 2.Reaction of ammonia with excess of chlorine 3.Reaction of ammonia with sulphuric acid B. From the list of gases -ammonia,ethane,hydrogen chloride, hydrogen sulphide, select the gas which is used as a reducing copper oxide to copper
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number