Explain  transitional elements in periodic table

Asked by bosesreyan | 15th Apr, 2015, 11:49: PM

Expert Answer:

  • The elements in which the differentiating electron enters into the d-subshell of penultimate shell (n-1) d shell are called transition elements.
  • They are placed in the middle of the periodic table from group 3 to group 12.
  • Their outer electronic cofiguration is [(n-1)d1-10ns0-2].

Answered by Prachi Sawant | 16th Apr, 2015, 10:35: AM

Queries asked on Sunday & after 7pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12pm the next working day.