Explain the terms Monodelphous,Didelphous and Polydelphous.In each case name a flower possessing such an androecium
What are bracts?State their function
Asked by saif | 15th Mar, 2017, 11:36: PM
1. Monadelphous stamens- Filaments of all stamens are united forming a single bundle but the anthers are free. Example- Cotton
2. Diadelphous stamens- Filaments are united forming two bundles and anthers are free. Example- Pea
3. Polyadelphous stamens- Filaments are united forming a number of bundles but the anthers remain free. Example- Lemon
A bract is a part of a plant that may resemble a leaf or a petal. Their main function is to protect the flower from pests and harsh environmental conditions
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 16th Mar, 2017, 09:40: AM
- nuter flower is which type of flower
- Describe the parts of androecium
- Is hibiscus a monoecious 🌱🌱 plant??
- in China rose which androecium is found
- what do u mean by the ray florets of sunflower?
- Arrange 1. Petal, sepal, ovary, ovule, stamen. please answer!!!
- What does ray florets of sunflower mean??
- 1.An uneasy sensation due to lack of food 2.chemical required for production of ATP 3.transfer of pollen grains from another to the stigma of different flower of the same plant 4. The father of the medicine 5. Second whorl of flower from outside
- what is sepals collectively also called as ?
- Distinguish between polyandrus and polyadephous androecium
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number