Explain the term macronutrients and micronutrients. How does lack of these affect a plant ? what happens when there is lack of Nitrogen and iron
Asked by dilshadafmc | 4th Nov, 2018, 06:16: PM
Nutrients needed by organisms in relatively large quantities are macronutrients. Eg - Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
Micronutrients are nutrients needed in small amounts. Eg - Iron, Manganese, Zinc, Copper, Molybdenum
Lack of nutrients in our human body leads to weaknesss and diseases. Likewise plants too need these nutrients. Without these, the basic characteristics that a plant need to grow might hinder such as soiil rexture, affect to leaves, branches causeing the microorganisms to act upon. The macronutrients help create new plant cells which organize into the plant tissue. Without these nutrients, growth and survival will not occur.
Nitrogen and iron are essential elements for the growth of a plant. Chlorophyll contains nitrogen, and thus the plant requires nitrogen to produce this green pigment. Without nitrogen, the plant becomes yellow in colour.Without iron, the new plant tissue cannot make chlorophyll and undergoes chlorosis.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 5th Nov, 2018, 09:13: AM
- What is lignin
- What is teredophytes?
- Territophite cell example and it's function
- Fill Ups- When the pollen grains come in contact with the ____________ , a substance called ____________ is realesed.
- Differentiate between the following: i) Algae and Fungi
- What are different forms of algae
- Example of autotrophs and heterotrophs
- Name and discuss in brief the major organs of the shoot system of the plant
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number