explain the structure of spinal cord.
Asked by saket6983 | 1st Sep, 2018, 01:19: PM
Spinal cord is the continuation of the medulla oblongata.
It is protected by the backbone (vertebral column). It runs down almost through the whole length of the backbone.
The section of the spinal cord shows two similar halves fused together to form the central canal.
The central canal is surrounded by H-shaped grey matter (made up of cell bodies) while its outer part contains white matter (made up of axons).
Controls the reflexes below the neck
Conducts messages from the skin and muscles to the brain
Conducts commands from the brain to muscles of the trunk and limb
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 2nd Sep, 2018, 05:44: PM
- what is central nervous system ?
- what is the largest part in our brain
- How our brain understand the electrical signal or impulses
- In how much parts our brain is divided?
- Which of the part of brain instruckour body to react according the condition.
- Biology questions for class 7 ICSE please answer all questions as first as possible when answer please inform me if you have any questions for class 7 ICSE please let me know.
- Give location and function of... 1. Medulla oblongate ???
- Differentiate between brain and spinal cord
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number