Explain the processes of threshing and winnowing.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
The process of beating out grains from stems is called threshing.
Threshing helps to lose grains from the scale surrounding them.
It is either done manually, by draught animals or by using machine called thresher.
Rice is threshed by hand.
Wheat and millet are threshed by making bullock walk over the bundle of crops.
It is the process of separating the grain from the chaff.
Grains mixed with chaffs are poured from the basket.
Heavy grains drop off while lighter chaffs are blown away by wind.
Mechanical threshers are also used to perform winnowing.
A combine harvester is used in commercial farming where all the process of harvesting, threshing, winnowing occur n sequence.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- When did the green revolution started
- write any two exaple of food product that are obtained sith the help of microbes
- what is weeding
- the three cropping pattern
- What will lead to the deficiency in plants?
- What will lead to deficiency in plants?
- Organic farming leads to soil pollution.true or false
- name any 3 exotic breeds of cows
- How are microorganisms useful in food industry?
- What is the difference between threshing and winnowing?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number