explain the process of fertilization in plants
Asked by nathsantanukumar | 11th Apr, 2018, 08:56: AM
Process of fertilization in plants:
- The process of fusion of a male gamete with a female gamete to form a zygote is called fertilisation.
- Once the pollens settle on the stigma, they form a tube called the pollen tube.
- The pollen tube grows through the style of the flower and enters the ovary.
- The tip of the pollen tube dissolves to release the pollen grain in the ovary.
- In the ovary, a female gamete is released which fuses with the pollen grain to form a zygote.
- After fertilisation the ovary enlarges and forms a fruit.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 11th Apr, 2018, 10:49: AM
- what is neosis?
- what is reproduction
- Write any two feature of insect pollinated flower
- differentitate 1)crosspollination and self pollination 2)tuber and rhizome
- describe the different parts of a flower with the help of alabelled.
- 1)how does the gladiolus reproduce? 2)name three parts of a carpel.
- 1)what are binary fission? 2)write three features of an insect-pollinated flower.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number