Explain the meaning of the word 'Electromagnetic' and ‘Induction' in the term 'Electromagnetic Induction’. On what factors does the value of induced current produced in a circuit depend? Name and state the rule used of determination of direction of induced current. State one practical application of this phenomenon in everyday life. (This is a 5 mark question).
Asked by kumarasia | 14th Sep, 2015, 07:24: PM
The process by which a changing magnetic field in a conductor induces a current in another conductor is called electromagnetic induction.
By moving a magnet towards or away from a coil. We take a coil with several turns and it is connected to a sensitive galvanometer. When a bar magnet is moved towards the coil, we see a deflection in the galvanometer. This deflection dies down after some time. The deflection is because of the induced current.
Hence, the value of induced current produced in a circuit depends on the following factors:
- number of turns in given coil
- area of each turn in given coil
- rate of change of magnetic field
The rule used of determination of direction of induced current is Fleming's right-hand rule.
Fleming's right-hand rule: Stretch the thumb, forefinger and middle finger of the right hand so that they are perpendicular to each other. If the forefinger indicates the direction of the magnetic field and the thumb shows the direction of motion of the conductor, then the middle finger will show the direction of induced current. This is called Fleming's right-hand rule.
Electrical generator is one of the practical application of this phenomenon in everyday life
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 15th Sep, 2015, 09:10: AM
- What is an electromagnet AMD what it consist of
- electro magnet is made up of which core
- what is the need to convert dynamo to ac
- name the physical quantities for electromagnetic induction
- An atom has electronic configuration 2,8,7.
- name the device in which a current carrying conductor and magnetic field are used
- 1) What is the principle of solar heating devices? 2)How AC generator can be converted into DC?
- Difference between ac and dc generator
- What is electro magnetic induction?
- what is an induced current ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number