Explain the major impact of electricity on farmers of palampur ?
Asked by aneeshakir | 3rd May, 2015, 09:41: PM
Electricity has had major impact on the farmers in Palampur in a variety of ways. These are:
- It transformed the irrigation system in the village. Larger areas could be irrigated in lesser time with the help of tube wells and pump sets, which ran on electricity.
- A variety of crops could be grown all round the year because of the improved irrigation system.
- The farmers don’t have to depend on monsoon/rains (uncertain and erratic) to grow their crops.
- Most houses started to have electric connections.
- It has also helped in running various small scale industries.
Answered by | 4th May, 2015, 06:04: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number