Explain the following with suitable examples.(a)12-16 and 13-15 group compounds, (b) Ferromagmetic.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
(a)Compounds of 12-16 & 13-15 compounds prepared to acquire a characteristic valence of four and form four bonds as in germanium and silicon. e.g. Of 12-16 compounds are ZnS, CdS, CdSe & HgTe e.g. of 13-15 compounds are InSb, AlP and GaAs.
(b) Ferromagnetic materials exhibit parallel alignment of moments i.e.all unpaired electrons are spinning in parallel direction resulting in large net magnetization even in the absence of a magnetic field. The elements Fe, Ni, and Co and many of their alloys are typical ferromagnetic .
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- what metal excess defects? explain with example
- Examine the given defective crystal : X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ X+ Y- O Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- X+ Y- Answer the following questions : (a) Is the above defect stoichiometric or non stoichiometric ? (b) Write the term used for this type of defect. (c) Why do silver halides show this type of defect ?
- what is domain in magnatic properties of solids ?
- What are crystal defects.
- Which of the following Frenkel defects or Schottky defects decreases the density of the solid.
- Magnetite is ferrimagnetic on heating what changes are expected.
- Explain dislocation.
- Name two point defects and explain them.
- With example explain F-center.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number