Explain the factors on which refractive index depends.
Asked by jgprmr | 17th Jun, 2017, 03:48: AM
Refractive index of a medium depends upon the following factors:
-Wavelength of the light
-The refractive index of the surroundings when the light ray passing from the surrounding enters into a medium.
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 17th Jun, 2017, 12:41: PM
- What is refraction
- The refractive index of water with respect to air is 4/3 and refractive index of glass with respect to water is 9/8. Calculate the refractive index of glass with respect to air.
- Optical density is also known as?
- What is difference between mass density and optical density?
- What is absolute refractive index?
- What is relative refractive index?
- A 🍋 kept in water in a glass tumbler appears to be bigger than its actual size when viewed from the sides in this case water and glass acts as which type of lens
- what is mean by bouncing back of light
- What is refraction of light?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number