Explain the chemical control of crop protection
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Chemical control of crop protection:
Chemicals which control pests such as insects and mites are called pesticides.
Pesticides used to kill insects are called insecticides.
They may be stomach poisons. For example: lead arsenate, sodium arsenate.
They may be contact poisons. For example: DDT (dichloro-diphenyl trichloro ethane), BHC (benzene hexachloride).
Bordeaux mixture can be spread on plants to kill fungal diseases.
Bordeaux mixture is the mixture of copper sulphate and lime dissolved separately in water and then mixed together in equal proportions.
Natural insecticide extracted from neem is useful in controlling pests without any harm to the crops and soil.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- What will lead to the deficiency in plants?
- What will lead to deficiency in plants?
- Organic farming leads to soil pollution.true or false
- name any 3 exotic breeds of cows
- How are microorganisms useful in food industry?
- What is the difference between threshing and winnowing?
- Project of food production
- What are the profits of green revolution
- 1) who was the father of green revolution in India ? 2) who discovered fermentation in 1857 ? 3) who discoverer of penicillin?
- Differentiate between green revolution and organic farming
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number