Explain the activity to show the end is produced along the straight current carrying conductor
Asked by kavithakavitha42724 | 27th May, 2020, 01:19: PM
Activity to show that the magnetic field is produced along the straight current carrying conductor -
- Take a thick straight conductor XY and pass it through the centre of a thick cardboard.
- Pass current through the conductor such that it flows from X to Y.
- Sprinkle some iron filings on the cardboard and gently tap. You will see that the iron filings arrange themselves in concentric circles around the wire.
- These concentric circles represent the magnetic field lines.
- To know the direction of the magnetic field, we plot the field lines with the help of a compass needle. The North pole of the compass points in the direction of the field at any point. The direction of these field lines is clockwise.
- If the direction of current is reversed, these field lines are anticlockwise
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 27th May, 2020, 08:54: PM
- Please answer
- What is a positive test charge?
- what is ampere swimming rule
- what is a magnetic field
- With the help of a diagram of experimental setup describe an activity to show that the force acting on a current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic field increases with increase in field strength.
- describe an activity to show magnetic field lines around a current carrying circular conductor
- All questions
- What type of magnets are present when a electric cell of 1.5V is connected to the DC motor. Note: This is regular DC motor.
- In Fleming's left hand rule which finger show the direction of magnetic field
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number