Explain me ray tracing of concave lens??
Asked by Mohdabrar | 19th Feb, 2016, 02:27: AM
To get the image of an object formed by a lens any two fo the following rays should be considered.
1. A ray passing through the optical centre passes straight.
2. A ray going paralle to the principal axis, after refraction it either passes through or appears to diverge from the principal focus.
3. A ray passing through or proceeding to the principal focus, after refraction it becomes parallel to the principal axis.
The point from which the two emergent rays appear to diverge is the virtual image. A concave lens forms only virtual images.
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 19th Feb, 2016, 05:39: PM
- The interior of a hollow metal sphere is polished to serve as a mirror. At a point 12cm from the centre of the sphere of radius 24 cm, a point source of light is placed. Locate its image formed by two successive reflections, the first reflection taking place at the (a) far wall (b) near wall.
- For a spherical refracting surface define:a. Pole b. Centre of curvature c. Principle axis
- A convex refracting surface f radius of curvature 20 cm separates two media of refractive indices 4/3 and 1.60. An object is placed in the first medium (n = 4/3) at a distance of 200 cm from the refracting surface. Calculate the position of the image formed.
- The radius of curvature of convex surface is 10 cm and if an object lies at a distance of 20 cm from it in the rarer medium, find the position of the image assuming the refractive index of the rarer medium is 1.0, while that of the denser medium is 2.0.
- A small piece of paper stuck on a glass sphere of 5 cm radius is viewed through the glass from the position directly opposite. Find the position of the image. Refractive index of glass is 1.5
- A point object is placed in air at distance of 40 cm from a concave refracting surface of refractive index 1.5. If radius of curvature of the spherical surface is 20 cm, calculate the position of the image.
- <p class="MsoNormal">A bird is flying up at an angle <span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; line-height: 115%;">sin¯¹</span><span style="font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; line-height: 115%;"> </span>(3/5) with the horizontal. A fish in a pond looks at that bird. When it is vertically above the fish. The angle at which the bird appears to fly to the fish is (given refractive index of water - 4/3)</p>
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number