Explain how beta particle are used to produce x rays.
Asked by pb_ckt | 5th Feb, 2019, 12:09: PM
Whenever moving charge particle whether positive or negative is stopped it produces X-Ray. You can understand simply whenever a charge particle deccelerated it produce X- Ray.
And Beta radiation(beta plus) is basically a moving electron.
By emission of X - Ray's electron looses it's kinetic energy and get stable in near possible orbit.
Answered by Ankit K | 5th Feb, 2019, 06:14: PM
- Give at least two differences between chemical change and nuclear change
- Which of the following is unstable? Why? 1.neutron 2.proton 3.electron 4.alpha particle
- Which particles (alpha,beta or gamma)is concerned with carbon dating?
- Define radioactive decay [2 mark]
- What precautions should be taken while holding radioactive substances ? Why copper cannot beused as a fuse wire ?
- Explain carbon dating elaborately.Which particles are used for it?
- State whether(a) atomic number,and (b) mass number are conserved in a radioactive beta decay..
- An element S decays to R (A= 222, Z= 85) after emitting 2 alpha particles and 1 beta particle. Find the atomic numbes ans atomic mass of element S.
- What is the difference between alpha particles and Helium ion?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number