explain differenciaton and differential calcalus.
Asked by Priyamvada Mathur | 8th Jul, 2014, 08:49: PM
The process of finding the derivative of a function with respect to the variable on which it depends is called differentiation.Derivative of a function describes how the value of a function change with any change in the variable.
Consider that y is a function of the variable x .i.e. y=f(x). The value of function y depends on the value of variable x.Hence we can say that derivative of the function is the rate of change of dependent variable y with respect to the change in independent variable x
Eg: Acceleration of a body is the rate of change of velocity of the body.i.e derivative of velocity with respect to time.
Whereas differential calculus is one of the two branches of calculus which deals with derivatives , differential equations and other various applications of differentiation as a whole.
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 9th Jul, 2014, 10:11: AM
- please answer the question given below
- obtain equation of motion of constant acceleration using matter calculus
- On turning a corner, a motorist rushing at 44 ms-1 find a child on the road ahead. He is currently stops the engine and applies the brakes so as to stop it within 1m of the child. Calculate time required to stop it stops.
- What is motion?
- 14th sum plz
- Plz answer 4th part of 8th ques
- 13th sum plz
- Plz answer 12th ques
- IF A CAR start from rest and TRAVEL WITH CONSTANT acceleration for 10 second.find the ratio of distance in 1st and 2nd second travel by car?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number