Explain cash memo in accounting terms and prepare a specimen of it.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 16th Jun, 2016, 02:22: PM
When a trader sells goods for cash to a purchaser, she/he gives a cash memo which is also known as a bill of sale. It is a written document which contains details of the product, quantity, date and its price.
Answered by | 16th Jun, 2016, 04:22: PM
- Briefly explain the following: Supporting vouchers Debit note Credit note
- Enumerate briefly receipt in accounting terms and prepare a specimen of it.
- Write a brief note on debit voucher and state its contents with a specimen.
- Pay-in-slip and cheques are used for same purpose. Do you agree? Justify your answer.
- Give examples of transactions in which debit voucher is prepared.
- What is a complex voucher?
- The following transactions took place in M/s Swaminathan Traders. Prepare debit voucher. 2016 Rs. Jan. 05 Paid cash to Sonali and Sons for purchase of 5 machines vide Cash Memo no. 5294 20,000 Jan. 21 Wages paid for the month of December, 2015 vide Wage Sheet No. 98 6,500
- Prepare the credit voucher for the following transaction took place in Bhavik Trading and Co.: 2016 Rs. Feb. 04 Sold old Furniture for cash vide cash receipt No. 493 800 Feb. 10 Withdrawal cash from Bank for office use vide cheque No. 34581 2,700
- Prepare the transfer voucher from the source voucher of M/s Geeta Lal and Co. based on the following transaction: 2016 Rs. May, 08 Purchased goods from M/s Nitin and Co. vide Bill No. 684 8,600 May, 19 Sold goods to M/s Naina Naik vide Bill No. 86545 13,900
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number