Explain carbon is found in the combine state in the form of carbonate .
Asked by sucharitasahoo1 | 29th Sep, 2017, 11:38: AM
Occurance of carbon in nature in the soild state can be given as carbon is found in free state that means without combing with any other element in the form of diamond, graphite etc, Diamond, graphite contains elemental carbon only and not ant other element is included in the structure.
But, carbon occurs in the combined state that means bonded with some other element other than carbon such as oxygen, calcium in the form of carbonates.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 1st Oct, 2017, 01:28: PM
- Why methane hash 4singl4 covalent bond
- give reasons: 1. Diamond has a high melting point 2. element carbon forms compounds mainly by covalent bonding 3. carbon compounds do not conduct electricity in molten state?
- What is cyclohexane, carbon skeleton?
- what is tetravalency
- Dear sir/madame, Can you please explain what sp hybridized mean? Thank you
- Dear sir/Madame, I have a doubt in the following picture. Please tell me which shape is correct and why. Thank you
- Question 9: How will you verify the properties of carbon dioxide
- Explain Co valent Bond
- why carbon forms strong bonds with other carbon atoms ,hydrogen ,oxygen ,nitrogen and sulphur?
- Give an example of compound containing both ionic and covalent bonds.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number