Explain any two activities in everyday life related to atmospheric pressure
Asked by Nipamonichoudhury | 21st May, 2019, 09:32: PM
Two applications of atmospheric pressure are as follows:
Straw: When the liquid is sucked up by a mouth through the straw, the air pressure inside the straw and in straw decreases. And the air pressure on the surface of the liquid is equal to the atmospheric pressure. As the greater pressure acts on the surface of liquid (eg: soft drinks ) the drinks pushes itself in upward direction throught straw to our mouth.
Syringe: Similarly, when the nozzle of the syringe is placed in the liquid and the piston is pulled, the pressure inside the syringe is reduced while the pressure on the lliquid is increased and thus it pushes itself up into the syringe.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 22nd May, 2019, 01:05: PM
- atmosphere pressure measurement instrument
- Atmospheric pressure is maximum ??
- what is atmospheric pressure
- The 10% of total volume of the barometer liquid (mercury) contains impurities having an average density 5 g cm-3. When this faulty barometer is used to measure the atmospheric pressure it reads 80 cm of the liquid column. Determine the correct atmo spheric pressure.
- why the water from injection without needle does not fall down
- What will happen if the atmospheric pressure of the earth suddenly becomes zero?
- why do sea drivers wear well designed suits?
- the nose of some people starts bleeding athigher higher altitudes.why?
- (a) What do you understand by the term atmospheric pressure? (b) What is the cause of atmospheric pressure?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number