exercise 4b q. 6
Asked by nilesh.dhote74 | 3rd Jun, 2020, 09:03: PM
Question : a) How does the angle of deviation produced by a prism change with increase in the angle of incidence. Draw a curve showing the variation in the angle of deviation with the angle of incidence at a prism surface.
b) Using the curve in part (a) above, how do you infer that for given prism, the angle of minimum deviation δmin is unique for the given light.
a) As the angle of incidence increases, the angle of deviation decreases first and reaches to a minimum value (δm) for a certain angle of incidence. By further increasing the angle of incidence, the angle of deviation is found to increase.
Variation of angle of deviation (δ) with angle of incidence(i):
b) For a given prism and given colour of light, angle of minimum deviation is unique since only one horizontal line can be drawn parallel to the i-axis at the lowest point of i-δ curve.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 3rd Jun, 2020, 09:15: PM
- (a) Choose the correct statement with respect to Refraction of light  1. The colour always changes when light enters from one optical medium to another. 2. Absorption of light when it strikes the surface of a medium is refraction. 3. Speed of light changes when it enters from one optical medium to another of different optical density. 4. Speed of light does not change when it enters from one optical medium to another of different optical density.
- what is refraction
- what is an mirage
- exercise 41 q. 10
- What is meant By the 'screen' in topic light
- How we can prove that : Refractive index = real depth/ apparent depth
- Neha puts a scale into a glass container having water and is suprised to see the scale in a different state. Draw a ray diagram showing how the eyes see the pencil
- Why is refraction a surface phenomenon?
- Why is emergent ray parallel to incident ray in a glass slab refraction?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number