Example 2.13 Each side of a cube ismeasured to be 7.203 m. What are thetotal surface area and the volume of thecube to appropriate significant figures?
Asked by mahatoshiv82 | 1st Oct, 2018, 07:10: AM
Side of cube = a = 7.203 m
Total surface area of cube = 6a2 = 6 x 7.2032 = 311.299254 m2 = 311.3 m2
volume of cube = a3 = (7.203)3 = 373.714754427 m3 = 373.7 m3
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 1st Oct, 2018, 02:41: PM
- using dimensional analysis, the accuracy of relation 𝒗 = 𝒌𝒏 𝒓𝒅 , v is Velocity, k is constant, n is coefficient of viscosity [ML-1 T -1 ] , r is radius and d is density.
- what is significance of uncertaitanity principle
- State the number of significant figures in the following: a) 0.00081 b) 600900
- If the velocity of light in vacuum c, acceleration due to gravity g and atmospheric pressure p are the fundamental quantities,find the dimensions of length.
- suppose velocity of light (c) acceleration due to gravity (g) and pressure (p) are taken as fundamental units .what is the dimensional for mass in this system of unis.
- what are vectors
- The sun's angular diameter is measured to be 1920'' ( 1920 seconds) . The distance D of sun from the earth is 1.496 × 10^11m . Find the diameter of the sum.
- What is meant by significant figures?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number