Ethanol to ethanal
Asked by vikasnov2002 | 13th Feb, 2019, 09:01: AM
Pyridinium chlorochromate (PCC), a complex of chromium trioxide with pyridine and HCl is a better oxidizing agent for oxidation of primary alcohols to aldehydes in good yield.
Also, CrO3 in an anhydrous medium is used for obtaining aldehydes.
Answered by Ramandeep | 13th Feb, 2019, 10:27: AM
- calculate resonce energy for benzene?
- why happens when propene reacts with HBr. Discuss mechanism of the reaction
- 22nd answer wid explanation
- what is friedel-craft reaction . explain with an example.
- What is the electrophilic centre in the molecule CH3CN?
- What are the different types of organic reactions?
- What is a nucleophile and what is an electrophile?
- Categorise the following ions as nucleophile or electrophile? HS-, BF3, NO2+, C2H5O-, NH2-
- What is a substitution reaction? Give an example.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number