Ethanol is used on a large scale at commercial level. It is commonly called alcohol and is the active ingredient of alcoholic drink. But, consumption of alcohol also causes drunkenness and this practice is Socially condemned. As a responsible student of class X, what steps you would take to discourage the use of alcohol?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 24th Jul, 2017, 03:20: PM
Steps to discourage the use of alcohol:
(i) By not getting attracted towards this habit and to stop my friends also to keep control on themselves to condemn alcoholism.
(ii) By making poster, banners and writing articles on this issue.
(iii) By sensitizing the people about the harmful effects of liquor consumption.
Answered by | 24th Jul, 2017, 05:20: PM
- Difference between toilet soaps and bathing bars?
- Natural detergent and man-made detergent
- How does the use of a detergent help to clean soiled clothes?
- Vinay was trying to create sodium acetate, he added ethanoic acid and ‘A’ in an open vessel. He also added few drops of concentrated H2SO4 to this and was surprised when the solution gave a sweet effervescence. So he repeated this experiment in a closed vessel and obtained ethyl acetate. Then he added ‘B’ and created sodium acetate. Find A and B.
- Two compounds have the same molecular formula C3H6O. Write the name of these compounds and their structural formula.
- and water should come. CH3COOH+CH3CH2OH -------- CH3COOC2H5+H20
- Give a test for experimentally distinguishing between an alcohol and a carboxylic acid.Describe how these tests are performed. 
- Why is the first homologue of KETONE Proponone and not Methanone?......thnx
- give reason-oxidation of ethanol with CrO3 produces ethanal, while ethanol when oxidised with alkaline KMNO4 produces ethanoic acid
- WHAT IS THE F0RMULA 0F ETHAN0IC ACID
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number