Element X has 2 valence electrons ,element X has atomic number 7.
A) Write equation to show how X and Y form ions.
B) If B is a diatomic gas ,write the equation for the direct combination of X and Y to form a compound.
Asked by mittaljeevesh | 11th Dec, 2018, 07:06: PM
Element X has 2 valence electrons which means it has valency = 2
element X has atomic number 7. Its electronic arrangement is (2,5) which means it's valency is 3.
The equation for the direct combination of X and Y to form a compound.
Answered by Ramandeep | 12th Dec, 2018, 11:03: AM
- How much power (IP) is needed to transfer one electron from one atom to another atom?
- Why they are electro bond
- If i add Na and Cl artificially , what will happen then Will it form common salt
- Ionic compounds are solids with high melting point give reason
- what is electrovalence
- define ionisation potential
- What is ionisation? Please explain in easy language. Why does ionisation take place? How can covalent compounds be converted into ions as they are composed of molecules?
- why electrovalent compounds dissolve in water but not in petrol
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number