CBSE Class 8 Answered
Draw a parallelogram ABCD in which AB = 5 cm, AD= 4 cm, and the perpendicular distance between AB and CD is 3 cm.
Steps of Construction:
1. Draw AB of length 5 cm
2. Make an angle of 90o at A.
3. Cut AE = 3 cm
4. Make an angle of 90o at E.
5. Cut AD = 4 cm to meet the ray of right angle at point D.
6. With B as center and radius equal to 4 cm, draw an arc.
7. With D as center and radius equal to 5 cm, draw an arc cutting the previous arc at C.
8. Join BC and DC.
ABCD is the required parallelogram.