DNA is the genetic material in most organisms while only a few organisms have RNA as genetic material.Why
Asked by pksunilnair | 3rd Oct, 2017, 04:24: PM
DNA is the genetic material in most organisms while only a few organisms have RNA as their genetic material because:
- RNA is highly reactive, labile and easily degradable. On the other hand, DNA is chemically less reactive and structurally more stable.
- RNA functions as an enzyme and is, therefore reactive and unstable while DNA does not get destroyed by heat.
- Uracil present in RNA is less stable as compared to thymine of DNA.
- RNA mutates at a much faster rate while DNA mutates at a much slower rate allowing the variations and characteristics to be inherited for generations.
- There is no repairing system in RNA. DNA has a repairing system in case of errors during replication of DNA.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 3rd Oct, 2017, 06:58: PM
- describe transforming principle given in Griffiths experiments
- Two nucleotides are linked together
- Give an account on double helix model for structures DNA
- Why is DNA negatively charged?
- why is chromatin absent in ova?
- EXPLAIN THE SOLENOID MODEL OF DNA PACKAGING WITH HISTONES WITH THE HELP OF DIAGRAM FOR 5 MARKS
- What is a nucleosome?
- Write the names of various nitrogenous bases found in RNA.
- What are histones?
- How did Hershey and Chase differentiate between DNA and protein in their experiment, while proving DNA is the genetic material?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number